The Finance You Need To Know is a personal finance boot camp that teaches you the strategies and techniques required for a successful and independent future. This is a course created BY young professionals FOR young professionals. If you are interested in the best ways to create and grow your wealth, or already know a lot but want to take things to the next level, then this is the course for you!
Primary Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn to manage expenses, identify unnecessary ones, and reduce your cost of living (students have reduced their expenses by 10+% per month).
- Understand the advantages of different accounts, such as the TFSA, RRSP, Roth IRA, 401k, and more, through visual and analytical examples to see how you can get more out of each pay check.
- Learn how the stock market works, how mutual funds, ETFs, and individual company investments differ, and the techniques from legendary investors such as Warren Buffett, Benjamin Graham, Peter Lynch, and Ray Dalio.
- Learn how owning a home is affordable, how to get other people to pay off your mortgage, and what a mortgage is, all through visual examples and with spreadsheet templates you can modify and use.
- Understand the basics of taxes (everyone's favourite!), including income taxes, deductions, credits, capital gains, and how a little bit of tax knowledge can save you thousands of dollars every year.
- Understand how to leverage your unique talents and interests, along with the strategies and techniques you learn in this course, to develop alternative passive income streams.
- Learn qualitative techniques, such as time management hacks, that enable you to invest more in yourself (you are awesome and your most valuable resource!).
Hi there! My name is Zachary Kahn and I am the co-founder of Compound Confidence. I have a passion for helping people learn the skills and strategies that allow them to achieve anything they want while doing what they love. I interned at Google twice, and am starting there full time as a Software Engineer later this year. I graduated from university with a combined degree in Chemical Engineering and Computer Science and now focus on building great education and technology products. We would love for you to join Compound Confidence so that we can be part of your financial freedom journey.
"[Zack has] designed the course to help young adults navigate through the finance world and truly develop a better understanding for “The Finance You Need To Know”. I would highly recommend this course to anyone. All the info that is covered in the course is extremely valuable and beneficial to know especially for young adults starting their first job or saving for their first big purchase."
- Brad Alteman, Chemical Engineer
"Designed with simplicity in mind, this course includes everything that a young person needs to make informed financial decisions. Covering topics that are often overlooked in high school curriculums, ‘The Finance You Need To Know’ provides students with an excellent understanding of the complex and ever-changing financial world. Whether you are a commerce student or a financial novice, this course will help you chart a path to financial freedom successfully."
- Liam Dyson, Editor, University of Toronto History Students' Association
"Great program that covers all the basics and more! I felt [the course] did a great job covering all the topics and gave great examples to easily understand [the concepts covered]. Definitely recommend!"
- Matt Hernandez, Founder, Sprout Financial
"This is an excellent course for university students and young professionals. I like the way it was logically laid - all with referenced material from well respected investors. Well done Zack - your authentic passion for teaching and technical excellence shows through."
- Melanie Hnatyshyn, P.Eng
"I've had the pleasure of knowing the Kahn brothers (course creators) for a number of years and one thing that stands out is their ability to set themselves up for success. This course is a perfect example of this trait as it is designed to give you the necessary tools to maximize your success during your life-long financial journey."
- Pablo Fernandez Grandizo, Embedded System Engineer, Intel
Frequently Asked Questions
Enroll now and become financially free!